This is an online event for men to get together to watch and discuss a documentary about a men’s group and – amongst others – the question “What does it mean to be a man?”.
In the film, the members of a diverse group of men take center stage. Their personal reflections on life’s challenges is contrasted by a journey to WWI sites – shockingly topical – mirroring the present times of war in Europe.
Counselling Psychologist Sebastian hereby responds to the recent impact of the pandemic on quality of life in Hong Kong and Asia Pacific. The intention being to reflect on male topics and to connect through a shared experience – far away from the often depressing daily news.
“Every man is an island. But some men build island chains, underneath they are connected”
E V E N T
- Monday 28 March 2022 on Zoom
- Start 19:30 HKT time
- Introduction & Meditation (or technical setup)
- Watching the movie (70′)
- Sharing session (30′)
- Closing Meditation
- End 21:30 HKT time
- Cost: FREE – registration required
M O V I E durch T E C H N I K
- Participation in the Zoom Meeting is free of charge upon registration
- Participants need to rent or buy the movie on Vimeo
- The purchase is not part of the registration
- Link and further info: MAKE ME A MAN
D I S C L A I M E R
Sebastian has no affiliation with the owner/producer/promoter of the film, nor is he affiliated with the vimeo platform. Sebastian does not have any commercial upside by organising this event. I simply liked the documentary as a piece of art and deem it worthwhile sharing with likeminded men.