Practicing mindfulness deepens self-awareness and enables you to cope with life more skilfully. A focused mind and open awareness will give you options to reduce stress, improve your personal well-being and increase your performance.
Sebastian offers Mindfulness training and facilitation based on Jon Kabat-Zinn’s gold standard concept of “being present – moment-to-moment, on purpose and in a non-judging way”.
Great therapeutic benefit can be found in the cultivation of three qualities.
As a mindfulness facilitator he has trained in Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Cultivating Emotional Balance (CEB). He is now on the certification path to become a qualified teacher of Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). He studied Early Buddhism at HKU, which helped him understand the foundations that are key to all of the above programs. Personally and professionally he has experienced the same benefits of mindfulness which can be found in the scientific research of the past decades:
Practicing Mindfulness has been found to enhance well-being and to reduce stress – amongst others – through:
- Being present, feeling alive and showing up fully with acceptance and strength
- Improving work and personal relationships with greater self-awareness and kindness
- Maintaining attention, stronger focus, increased concentration and enhanced memory
- Sleeping healthy and cultivating a healthy immune system, genes and eating habits
- Increasing quality of life by skilfully dealing with difficult emotions
Teaching Mindfulness consists of three areas which help to promote stress-reduction in everyday life. In order to experience significant improvements you need to
- Practice mindfulness through formal exercises, i.e. Awareness of Breathing (AOB)
- Apply Mental Strategies and the characteristics of a BEING-mode
- Commit to simple but effective improvements in day-to-day situations and to acquire cognitive-behavioural skills
Sebastian offers a wide range of 1:1 training, introductory sessions and workshops, corporate and public programs and short silent retreats – please contact me for more information.