Sebastian promotes Coaching as solution-focused positive learning in a short time frame. His way of working will suit ambitious people who are ready to enter into the process with open eyes and an appetite to learn. It is ideal for those who seek to develop pliable self-awareness.
Clients can benefit from his services in face to face sessions which are held in his discrete office, located in the heart of Lan Kwai Fong in Central Hong Kong. He is also happy to work with you online via video-call.
Sebastian will guide you to tap your inner and outer resources to generate improvements in the following areas:
- Social & business performance
- Leadership development
- Progression at work and in personal life
- Assessment of strength and weaknesses
- Life-balance and relationship management
- Business development and entrepreneurial esteem
- Decision making and getting-things-done
- Confidence & assertiveness
- Accelerated adjustment to change
Define your individual coaching plan
Sebastian recommends to use a standardised assessment tool to capture the bright side, the dark side and the values and motivators of your personality.
1. Assessing your reality as of today, breaking down your …
A. Strengths and Resources
B. Challenges and Risks
C. Values and Driving forces
2. Deriving your goals and aspirations based on …
– Understanding your personality on high level and in detail
– Putting your behaviour into relational context
– Contrasting what you see and what others see in you
3. Continuously reviewing your progress while …
– Identifying challenges and road-blocks
– Keeping track of your priorities and constraining factors
– Giving yourself permission to be the way you want to be
A. When looking into yourself from a coaching perspective, you want to know how you perform on a regular basis and how other people would typically perceive you on a day to day basis. Sebastian recommends that you use the Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI) to assess exactly that. It describes normal, or bright-side personality – qualities that describe how we relate to others when we are at our best. Whether your goal is to develop as a stronger leader or to find out about your reputation, assessing normal personality gives you valuable insight into you work, how you lead, and how successful you will be.
B. In order to get a better understanding of the risks in your behaviour, Sebastian suggests that you conduct the Hogan Development Survey (HDS). It describes the dark side of personality – qualities that emerge in times of increased strain and can disrupt relationships, damage reputations, and derail peoples’ chances of success. By assessing dark-side personality, you can recognise and mitigate performance risks before they become a problem.
C. At the core of all valued living and exceptional performance lies a profound understanding of your motives and preferences. Sebastian thinks that it is as key to his clients as it is to himself, to have deep knowledge of the roots of your being. Therefore the Hogan Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI) is his inventory of choice. It describes personality from the inside – the core goals, values, drivers, and interests that determine what we desire and strive to attain. By assessing values, you can understand what motivates you and others to succeed, and in what type of position, job, and environment you will be the most productive.
“… I was devastated. Instead of reassuring my grandiosity, the video revealed an underwhelming performance and an abundance of room for improvement. However, a few days later I was surprised with how much humour I could actually talk about my experience … I now had something to work on. Myself.”